Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Flight Beat em Up Game

Hybrid View

OK. Controller makes it INFINITELY better. Actually beat Magneto this time and got to the next area (but was beat by Klaw and crew).

One thing I wish the game had, however, because it is tough - is the "Continue?" with a 10 second countdown.

Because if this is 15 levels, I imagine it gets progressively tougher - getting that far is going to be very, very, very difficult.

So a "Continue?" after you've lost all your lives and pick up right where you are would be nice. Or even if the continue puts you at the start of that level. But ideally, similar to other arcades, you pick up where you are if you drop another "quarter."

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    OK. Controller makes it INFINITELY better. Actually beat Magneto this time and got to the next area (but was beat by Klaw and crew).

One thing I wish the game had, however, because it is tough - is the "Continue?" with a 10 second countdown.

Because if this is 15 levels, I imagine it gets progressively tougher - getting that far is going to be very, very, very difficult.

So a "Continue?" after you've lost all your lives and pick up right where you are would be nice. Or even if the continue puts you at the start of that level. But ideally, similar to other arcades, you pick up where you are if you drop another "quarter."
    The main game does have continuations and powerups to help. The one thing I use a lot is the Partner Menu. That helps so I am not fighting all the bad guys by themselves. I rushed to put the demo version together and might have missed a couple of things. Thank you again for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Hi Everyone,
    I just created a new video featuring Feedback. I love his overall powerset and how he is featured in the most current limited series. I am not the greatest artist but I did give it a go at trying to be faithful to the character. I am still working on finishing the character and uploading to demo. Please check out my video and let me know what you think. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/8RKu4ozPMxY

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to let the group know that I just finished updating the Alpha Flight Demo game. The Demo version now includes both Windshear and Feedback. I also included some additional updates. Definitely check it out and let me know what you think of the updates. Here is a copy of the link.

https://msduvert08.github.io/emulatorjs/

I am enjoying it! I noticed the continue option now! VERY nice.
    Also noticed after I quit and came back - I seemed to have had the option to start very close to where I left off last time (Masters of Evil).

This is great!

I've played Windshear - he's very, very nice.

Not tried Feedback yet.

Thank you again for checking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I am enjoying it! I noticed the continue option now! VERY nice.
    Also noticed after I quit and came back - I seemed to have had the option to start very close to where I left off last time (Masters of Evil).

This is great!

I've played Windshear - he's very, very nice.

Not tried Feedback yet.

For testing purposes have you considered a cheat code while in "beta" - so that people can skip to specific levels (if they're not able to get to them on their own?) - and test those levels?
    Just an idea I thought of when you said you have 16 levels so far. I think I got to level... 3? So far.

Talking

The game will have a story mode where a player will have to go through mission in chronological order based off Alpha Flight original run. The after completing the game there will be an option to play any level you like. I am also considering adding some bonus levels. All the levels are based of a series of story archs from Vol 1. The first two levels in the game were test levels so that players could become familiar with the playable characters. The airport level is actually the first level where a player can relive Alpha Flights first mission. I am hoping the game will give younger players a chance to learn about Alpha Flight and be a little curious about the comic. My kids think that Alpha Flight is a popular as the Avengers because of the game. They want me to finish the game so they could share with their friends. The pressure is on! http://alphaflight.net/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif