Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody checking out the Weapon X mini?

Default Is anybody checking out the Weapon X mini?

Spoilers......

.I got the first issue(Unfortunately, it was a bit disappointing)...the second....well...lets just say I took a look through it and put it right back on the shelf(I effectively Byrne-stole it). I didn't like what I saw(and there is hardly any Alpha content...madison Jeffries is in probably two panels and he was unconscious the whole time)...It's not what I was expecting....and I was expecting better from Frank Tieri. I guess you win some, you lose some.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yeah, it has me worried that Jefferies is the next Alphan to bite the dust. For some reason he's exhausted from using his power so I'm guessing something bad is about to happen.

I've got to say I'm disappointed.
    I was a huge fan of Tieri's Wolverine run, and LOVED Weapon X.

There's something about this mini that just doesn't sit right.

Maybe it's just because it's a year too late and the momentum's gone.
    Maybe it's because Sears' artwork looks really hideous to me in it.

It just all seems really convoluted, and in a bad way, with all the time shifting and information crammed in.

I fear that Jeffries' boxbot is taking centre stage and it'll just become some Sentinel/MasterMold/Nimrod/Bastion-type thing and Jeffries will no longer be needed.

I was disappointed with Kyle's 'death' too, though almost liked the UXM #142-ness of it.

I hope things change as the series concludes.

So Kyle/Wildheart/Child is brown bread, what occured?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Fried by Sentinels.
    Over and done with in 2 seconds flat.

Anyway back for him, you reckon, or he definately turned up his tootsies?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Definitely gone.
    Unless it's a shower scene dream, or some deus ex machina thing.

Still, it's only a possible future thing now.

The whole of the X-Men kick the bucket first.

One day I may actually buy another comic, but with all these diverse universes, it is getting a little confusing. I thought Tieri was gonna do a natural follow on to the original series, not some possible events, that may occur Oh well ?
    Del

I'm still waiting for Aurora to show up
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default When did Marvel become so villian-centric?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    ...There's something about this mini that just doesn't sit right....It just all seems really convoluted, and in a bad way, with all the time shifting and information crammed in....
    Wolverine slices and dices Colcord and he still lives? We're supposed to believe this s**t?

Colcord has more lives than most mutants, which is ironic and a shame since the Sentinels didn't blast his mutant-hating a** to kingdom come along with the X-Men, Wildchild, and Mesmero, whom I was very glad to see wasted. Too bad Sauron didn't bite the dust, too. I still don't understand why mutants would be taking orders from this freak Colcord, anyway.

I'm wasting my money buying this. I thought it was going to have something important in it. So far, no. Peeked at the preview for #3, and I will check it out (hopefully) to learn what happens to Diamond Lil, but I really don't like this series!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I have not been liking it as much as I thought I would either, in great part because it's ANOTHER alternate reality future possibility thing. Even worse, it's skipping through future time
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default Re: When did Marvel become so villian-centric?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    ...There's something about this mini that just doesn't sit right....It just all seems really convoluted, and in a bad way, with all the time shifting and information crammed in....
    Wolverine slices and dices Colcord and he still lives? We're supposed to believe this s**t?

Colcord has more lives than most mutants, which is ironic and a shame since the Sentinels didn't blast his mutant-hating a** to kingdom come along with the X-Men, Wildchild, and Mesmero, whom I was very glad to see wasted. Too bad Sauron didn't bite the dust, too. I still don't understand why mutants would be taking orders from this freak Colcord, anyway.
    Hopefully...Colcord will not turn out to be ironically, a mutant too(i.e. Larry Trask).

Dana

Well I'm hoping Wildchild healing factor kicks in and saves him or something. What a crappy way to go.

I checked out issue three and was again disappointed...sigh. I didn't buy it...just kind of peeked inside. I don't care for Sears' artwork and the book seems little more than an excuse for wholesale mutant-slaughter.

Dana

Sears was kicked off after #2.

#3 is all Andy Smith.