Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Some Alpha Flight appearances

Some really good Jean-Paul & Kyle content in Hulkling & Wiccan Infinity Comic #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    SWORD #9 is a doozy...
    Oh my. How did I miss this????

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

a few tiny aoa wild child's in today's strange academy #14

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

a few tiny aoa wild child's in today's strange academy #14

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Not the character I was expecting in that title, but okay.

Nice little Northstar (and Puck) panel in today's Mighty Marvel Holiday Special digital Infinity Comic.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

A deep AF cut in today's Trial of Magneto #5, and a very big factor for the future of AF in SWORD #11

I read both. Very interestingAlso you’re right that is a deep cut haha

Picked up a couple of fun Alpha Flight appearances today!

Marvel 2022 Calendar - this year's 2022 calendar is also free, as in years past. For August, the monthly art is the cover of the upcoming Marvel Super Hero Contest of Champions Gallery Edition HC, with art taken from the cover of Contest of Champions #1, featuring Sasquatch! I am first hearing of this Gallery Edition HC through this calendar so I'm glad I picked it up. It sounds big and neat and I'll probably get a copy.

The Periodic Table of Marvel - published by DK US, a fun little children's book. It has a complex organization of Marvel Characters like a periodic chart of the elements, but waaaaay too complicated for kids, in my opinion. The book is organized by "Method of origination of super-powers" and somewhere in the scrum, we get some Alpha Flight! In the section "Chemical Reactions" subsection "Toxic Agents", there are entries for Purple Man and Purple Woman! Yeah, she's a mutant so she should have been in the section "Evolutionary Anomalies" subsection "Mutant" but it does correctly state: "The Purple Man's daughter, Kara Killgrave, inherits his chemically altered DNA..." There's also a tiny headshot from Alpha Flight v4 #0.1. Kinda neat and unexpected to find Kara in this kind of book, very nice! Also, in the section "Peak Humans" subsection "Cyborgs" is Guardian! This is the cyborg version of Guardian who re-appeared in Alpha Flight #88 (not #89 as erroneously indicated in this book), who actually went by the name Vindicator until he sacrificed himself in Alpha Flight #100. The tiny headshot is from Amazing X-Men #8 (2014) when Guardian was flesh and blood and wearing a white cowl, not the red cowl worn by cyborg Vindicator, so there's a bit of a mix-up there with that image. Anyway, that's also a character you wouldn't expect to find in this kind of book, so it was quite a surprise to see him!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9780744039757_cover.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	6877
    Last edited by rplass; 12-25-2021 at 11:32 PM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Unexpected Alphan in

Sabretooth #1

, and looks like they'll be continuing in the series...

Loved this - curious to see where it goes - Anyone know what is happening with Mac in S.W.O.R.D.? cant see mention of new issue on horizon.
    It's chaos, be kind

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    SPOILERSUnexpected Alphan in

Sabretooth #1

, and looks like they'll be continuing in the series...
    Also was there another alpha cameo? Possibly Wild Child?

Quote Originally Posted by burke View Post
    Loved this - curious to see where it goes - Anyone know what is happening with Mac in S.W.O.R.D.? cant see mention of new issue on horizon.
    That was the final issue.
    The threads may pick up in X-Men Red, but pure speculation at this stage.