Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what I found!

When I was a kid, I used to have to switch buses on my way to school, as I was in french emmersion, and had to take an hour long bus rid to get there. On my way home from school one day I was switching busses at a local highschool, and saw a little kitten sitting by the curb. I went to see if it was ok. I had a badly broken leg that was completely limp. The poor thing had obviously been hit by a car and was in really bad shape. I convinced my bus driver to let me taker her home on the bus. So I arrived home with this scruffy injured flea coverd kitten. We rushed her to the vet, and they gave us the choice of amputating the front leg, or putting her to sleep. We opted to have the leg removed. I had her for about 14 years after that. She was Boots, the three legged cat (though we just called her little cat)

Ben

I was going out for a latenight breakfast with a friend on Halloween. As I was leaving, a cat called out to me. She was a small adult cat. So I fed her a bit, and she was hungry, so I lured her nto the foyer with dry food and shut her in there while I was gone.
    I came back and she leaped out of the foyer, then turned back for more food. I lived on a main old New England style city street (across and three houses down from the house I bought) and figured the cat would be hurt overnight on Halloween, so I took her in for the night. PITA is very friendly, and was excited. After the morning feeding, I locked PITA away and opened the outside doors to get rid of the stray. She looked outside, kind of nodded her head, then hid under the couch.
    I knew I had a second cat from food consumption and litter box filling, but seldom saw her. Then I moved from the efficiency to a bigger apartment in the same building, and she sat in the center of the kitchen all depressed as I moved things out. Once settled upstairs, she was suddenly a friendly cat, although obviously not small. I guess it being at the end of the month, she'd been abandoned by people moving when I found her. That was 8 Halloweens ago, and she's been a good pet up until she decided she HATES HATES HATES Snowball. She's kind of an unseen cat again now.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I got my cat in a box on my eighteenth birthday... too long ago now to mention, but he's still around. I named him Goblyn, yes, after the AF character. Okay, wrong gender, but he's black, and it's better'n midnight or whatever.

Ooh, but on the topic of found pets, I found a frog yesterday. A white-lipped tree frog (I believe) in a box of bananas at work.

- Le Messor
    As a plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: “Whoa, big fella. WHOA!”

Oww people finding animals

I've wanted a dog all my life but saying as I am not yet of the legal age to get one of my own I have not been able to. Its pretty damned hard to find stray animals, especially when you go out hunting them and try your best to make them "follow" you home.
    -Arcade

Half the strays around here Arcade, I wouldn't touch with a ten meter pole! But then this is California and god knows what they've got in the way of diseases or the like.

I found Head when I was living in Hawai'i and because of the sheer remoteness of the islands, there are no rabies, or distemper. And pets that are brought in from outside the islands have to spend 4 months in quarantine to make sure they're not harboring any nasties like that.

Although last night on the way to work, I nearly cashed in one cat's life as he bolted in front of me car. Thankfully I was only going 5mph or I probably wouldnt have spotted the cat until I heard 'crunch'! It was jet black and I only caught a glimps of eyes, as it dashed past. =/
    Hell was full, so I came back.